Thursday 4 October 2012

Website Analysis

YOU ME AT SIX WEBSITE

www.youmeatsix.co.uk/


An aspect of this webiste that I like would be the link between the side options bar and the album cover. I gives the band a sense of consistancy and enables the audience to relate to specific aspects. It also, I feel, creates a professional look as the same motif runs throughout; it doesn't look thrown together. However, I dont like how spaced out the website is, it looks too plain and like something is missing.


BLINK 182 WEBSITE

www.blink182.com/



On this website I feel the use of contrasting colours really appeals to the audience and is a aspect I would like to use. I feel it gives the band more character and attitude and allows the website to stand out to an audience. I dont like the large social netwroking link as I believe it isnt that necessary.

FOO FIGHTERS

www.foofighters.com/ - United States




The apsect I like most about this video is the close up on the gitar and the distorted affect of the shot. This is because both link to the conventions of my genre and create an impact on the audience. However, the amount of changing slides does distract you from the options and information.

PARAMORE WEBSITE

www.paramore.net/




The Paramore website, like the Foo Fighters, also use the contrasting colours which grabs the audience attention, yet, the colours arent too harsh so the website doesnt have a violent impact like many others of my genre.  I dont like how it's focused on the social networking sites rather than other stories about the bands. It doesnt look like it gives all the information it could.

THREE DAYS GRACE WEBISTE

www.threedaysgrace.com/



The aspect I like most form this website is the moving paint effect behind the large typeset, I feel this seperates the the bands website from others of this genre. Although, I dont like how the other typest is saml, even though the options are noticable, I feel they aren't attractive so they dont draw the audience in.

No comments:

Post a Comment