Saturday 22 December 2012

Website #Home page

The Home Page



 The first aspect I considered was the background colour when looking into the home page, I chose black to continue the typical colours of my genre. I then added a title in the same typeset as my enter page and colour. Once again this was to add consistency and enable the audience to establish a connection between the artist and the genre as this typeset is one typical of the alternative rock gene. I then added stains to show the audience the rebellious attitude my artist would like to portray.


I then  had to add the icons to direct the audience to the page they want. When looking on 'All time low' 's website I saw they had used icons to represent different aspects of their page. I thought that this was an interesting feature that added to the simplistic design I was aiming for; with this in mind I then added line drawings as button. I did this to follow the conventions of websites of my genre.
 In the space left I plan to add an album cover, as this was an aspect that I found was common on websites of all genres. I also found this would be a great way to advertise the song to the audience and it gives them the option to buy the album.

The final thing on my home page was to add the album and advertise it. For this I used a typewriter typeset. This is a simplistic style and clear enough for the audience to read and recognise the information. 'Days end' the album name is in a different font, this adds emphasis on the album title and grab the audience attention. I also added 'out now' in a different typeset and colour meaning that it didn't distract from the more  important information but shows that its something the audience should look at.


Inspiration
These are the icons that inspired me to create my icon when directing the audience to the page they want. This is from 'All Time Lows' website.

No comments:

Post a Comment