Saturday 29 December 2012

Website #Bio

The Bio Page



To start my bio page I first added the name of the artist. I did this because when I was researching into website the band/artists name was always at the top so I decided to also add this feature. I added the name in the same typeset and colour to make my website seem organised and adds consistency. I then added a black long box where my information will go. I did this as a way to highlight the information and separate it from what other aspects that might be added onto the page.




My next step was to add all the information in the boxes.I made the typeset small as this was a common feature that I had noticed on other websites. It also allowed me to fit in lots of information on my artist; giving the audience more information. The colours I chose to put my typeset in were red and white, I did this as both colours contrast against the black box. My aim of this would be to create an impact. 



The next thing I did was to add different boxes along side of the main box. In these boxes I will add information about the artist with 'albums' 'influences' 'favourite charities' and 'quick facts'. I have put these in so the audience can select and find information they want quick and easily. 




One of the boxes had my artist influences in. For these I chose Simon Neil the lead singer in Biffy Clyro, Jared Leto in 30 seconds to mars and Sam McTrusty the lead singer of Twin Atlantic. I have chose these because they are all lead singers of alternative rock bands and would be people who inspire my artist.



Another box was of my artists favourite charity, I had noticed this feature on Paramore's website and used it as I believe it gives a personal connection between the artist and the audience. It help the audience get to know the artist and his beliefs.

In this box I put simple information that the audience would most likely want to know. I did this as it allows the audience to find this information quick and and easy, rather than searching through the main information. I found this feature to be useful  as it summaries my artist.


The final things I did was add the album covers and a picture to represent him. The album covers where previous picture I had and added the album names and artist name so the album seems personal. The picture is a direct address this engages the audience and creates the impression they know 'Sam'. 


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your inspiration. JL and SM are the best!

    ReplyDelete