Saturday 9 March 2013

Evaluation 3 -Audience Feedback #Music Video

Audience Feedback On My Music Video


I found audience feedback vital when reviewing my music video. It enabled me to see how effective or ineffective aspects of my music video was, through other peoples perspectives. For this I asked an AS Media Studies class to give me feedback and the video above shows their responses. I personally found the video very helpful as they raised points that I could have improved and pointed out aspects that could have changed.

The comments on what the class thought was effective allowed me to see that aspects I had originally thought weren't effective were, for example, "I thought the lighting was good"  because "It creates a sense of disorientation" was particularly a useful comment to me when evaluating my piece. This is because the lighting in the narration scene was something I could not control and relied on natural light, the only editing I did to the lighting was editing the brightness and contrast. This showed to me that even without editing the lighting too much I still created a distorted effect. However, if I did have more equipment I believe the lighting is something I could have made even more effective by adding portable staging lights; due to the lack of equipment this could not happen.

Although the overall comments enabled me to see whether the video matched my genre, I particularly found the constructive criticism educational, as I found aspects I would have worked on if I had more time. For example, the comment on the lip sinking was something that I had not noticed before and would try to work on to correct the problem if I had more time. Comments such as "repetitive" was something I had considered early on in the making of my music video and something I had tried to prevent. I found this particular aspect hard to avoid as I was limited to the amount of footage of the narration due to the setting. This meant that despite trying the repetitive aspect was still noticeable. However, to avoid this I tried to used mirror effects, ghosting effects and different camera angles.



I also asked for feedback on Facebook, although I got little response the comments helped me understand what I could change about the music video to make more of an impact. I found once again that people felt it was repetitive and this was something I would have loved to have changed but due to me being unable to film in the same place again, it was something that I couldn't do. I felt that the complementarity comments were also very useful. For example, the comment pointing out that it relates to my genre enabled me to be more confident in my overall music video and realise that from unbiased perceptive it related to the 'Alternative Rock' genre.  

No comments:

Post a Comment