Monday 5 November 2012

My Target Audience

The results of my questionnaire concluded the following about my target audience:

Out of the twenty participants I asked answered that they do listen to the alternative rock genre. This means the information given will be useful as they listen and relate to this genre in day to day life.

Whilst anaylsing the data on age I found that the majority of the target audience are aged 15-20. However, two of the people I questioned are aged 40-45.
90% are aged 15-20. 10% are aged 40-45.

Anaylsing age I found that 12 people answered they are males and 8 people were females.
60% are males. 40% are females.

When asking my participants about the band they listen to, to eliminate the individual difference of what the genre actually is they listed 71 answers. Selecting all bands that they listen to. No particpant selected none and therefore, all participants understand what alternative rock is.
Biffy Clyro-14% listen to this.
Two Door Cinema Club- 8% listen to this.
Lower Than Atlantis- 8% listen to this.
Paramore- 15% listen to this.
Blur- 8% listen to this.
Rise Against- 12% listen to this.
30 Seconds To Mars-  17% listen to this.
3 Doors Down- 8% listen to this.
Young Guns- 3% listen to this
A Day To Remember- 7% listen to this.

I asked when the participants listen to the music genre. Yes meant that they listened to it on a regular basis (one a week) and on occassion meant they listened to it when they desired. No just meant they didnt listen to the genre at all.
Yes- 80%
No- 0%
On Occassion- 20%

When genrelasing my target audience I would state that, people who listen to the alternative rock genre are normally aged 15-20 males.

No comments:

Post a Comment